27 Nov 20prossimamente
Friday´s Blues & AUGUST THARRATS DUO
Blues, swing & jazz with:
AUGUST THARRATS DUO
August Tharrats, piano. Xavi Hinojosa, drums
Without a doubt August Tharrats is the pioneer of Blues and Boogie Woogie piano in Catalonia. At the age of 4 he discovered the Blues by listening to Ray Charles, Louis Armstrong, Lionel Hampton ...
He is a totally self-taught piano virtuoso and he has approached this music with humility, creating a very personal language. Perhaps for this reason musicians like Teddy Edwards, Gene "Mighty Flea" Connors or B.B.King have congratulated him on his way of playing the blues.
An admirer of Kansas City school pianists such as Jay McShann, he is currently a prestigious bluesman on the national scene for his interpretive quality and honesty on stage.
With his unbeatable technique and undeniable feeling, he is a musician capable of captivating the audience with a personal style full of blues, boogie-woogie and swing with enormous communication skills.
On this occasion he is accompanied by Xavi Hinojosa, a drummer who is mainly inspired by the great jazz masters of all times such as "Philly" Joe Jones, Mickey Roker, Bobby Durham or Roy Haynes among others, as some of the most influential in his stylistic development. He stands out for the versatility and musicality, he knows how to impress on the songs, being currently one of the most active drummers on the Barcelona music scene.
In today's concert they will offer us a tour of different blues and swing standards, from New Orleans to Kansas City or Chicago.
All our services comply with local legislation and sanitary recommendations regarding protection and safety. Specifically, this activity has the following measures:
- A safety distance of 1 meter will be maintained between attendees whenever possible.
- The use of a mask is obligatory. The attendant must wear their own mask.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided before, during and after the concert.
- All personnel involved will wear a mask during the concert.
- The delivery of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- It will be enough to have the voucher or reservation on your mobile and not print it.