25 Jun 22Finalized
200 años de nacimiento de Cesar Franck | Classical Music Evenings
Beyond its spectacular collection of contemporary figurative painting, the European Museum of Modern Art (MEAM) programs a large number of activities and initiatives. One of them is the cycle of classical music that is scheduled every Saturday afternoon.
On this occasion we will have the artists: Ala Voronkova, violin, Nikolas Licciardi, piano.
PROGRAM: Works of Franck and Boissier.
This year we celebrate 200 years since the birth of the great French composer Cesar Franck. one of his his most famous works is the Sonata for violin and piano (1986) dedicated to the virtuoso Belgian violinist Eugène Ysaÿe. The music of this work inspired Marcel Proust in his works By the way of Swan and In Search of Lost Time.
The young composer Correntin Boissier, recently graduated from the National Conservatory of Music of Paris (2019), has a wide creative production. In his symphonic and chamber works he follows the French neo-romantic tradition. In his Sonata for violin and piano we can see the influence of Cesar Franck combined with modern expressions and language.
Cesar Franck (1822-1890):
Sonata para violín y piano en La mayor
1. Allegretto ben moderato
4. Allegretto poco mosso
Correntin Boissier (1995 -):
Sonata para violín y piano en si menor
1. Lento grave. Allegro non troppo
2. Scherzo: Presto con brio
3. Recitativo: Allegro moderato ma risoluto
The museum, a safe place.
All our services comply with local legislation and sanitary recommendations regarding protection and safety. Specifically, this activity has the following measures:
- The museum reserves the right to cancel the reservation 10 minutes before the concert begins. For this reason, we recommend showing up at the ticket office 30 minutes in advance to guarantee a seat within the room.
- Access to the concert will be from 17:30 to 17:55. Once the concert has started, it will not be possible to enter.
- The exhibition can be visited both before and after the concert, taking into account that the museum closes at 20:00.
- Visits to the exhibitions last approximately 45 minutes.
- The use of a mask is optional.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided before, during and after the concert.
- Capacity control.
- The delivery of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- It will be enough to have the voucher or reservation on your mobile and not print it.