26 Nov. 21Finalisé
Friday's Blues & MARC FERRER & AUGUST THARRATS
Friday November 26, 6:00 p.m.: IX Fridays Blues & Boogie-Woogie piano meeting with:
MARC FERRER & AUGUST THARRATS
Marc Ferrer, piano. August Tharrats, piano
After long years being part of bands and accompanying different artists of the genre, the pianist Marc Ferrer has felt the need for him to lead a project that includes his own compositions and blues and jazz classics. An energetic repertoire of jazz, blues and swing, with versions of classics and their own songs, which recall the essence and style of the best piano tradition. Referents such as Oscar Peterson, Gene Harris or Count Basie illuminate this suggestive journey, which transports us to cities such as Chicago, New Orleans or New York.
Without a doubt August Tharrats is the pioneer of Blues and Boogie Woogie piano in Catalonia. At the age of 4 he discovered the Blues by listening to Ray Charles, Louis Armstrong, Lionel Hampton ...
He is a totally self-taught piano virtuoso and that has meant that he has approached this music with humility, creating a very personal language. Perhaps for this reason musicians like Teddy Edwards, Gene "Mighty Flea" Connors or B.B.King have congratulated him on his way of playing the blues.
An admirer of pianists from the Kansas City school such as Jay McShann, he is currently a prestigious bluesman on the national scene for his interpretive quality and honesty on stage.
With his unbeatable technique and his undeniable feeling, he is a musician capable of captivating the audience with a personal style full of blues, boogie-woogie and swing with an enormous capacity for communication.
The museum, a safe space.
All our services comply with local legislation and health recommendations regarding protection and safety. Specifically, this activity has the following measures:
- A safety distance of 1 meter will be maintained between attendees whenever possible.
- The use of a mask is mandatory. The attendant must wear their own mask.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided before, during and after the concert.
- All the personnel involved will wear a mask during the performance of the concert.
- the delivery of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- It will be enough to have the voucher or reservation on your mobile and not print it.