19 Nov 22Finalized
Homage to Xavier Montsalvatge | Classical Music Evenings
Beyond its spectacular collection of contemporary figurative painting, the European Museum of Modern Art (MEAM) programs a large number of activities and initiatives. One of them is the cycle of classical music that is scheduled every Saturday afternoon.
On this occasion we will have the artists: Ala Voronkova, violin, Guerassim Voronkov, piano.
Works of: X. Montsalvatge.
The Museu Meam in Barcelona, ??the classical music programmer Romina Krieger and the renowned duo made up of the Ukrainian violinist Ala Voronkova and the pianist and conductor Guerassim Voronkov, have decided to dedicate a concert to the Catalan composer Xavier Montsalvatge.
The recital will be offered to the Barcelona public on November 19, 2022, at 7:00 p.m., as part of the classical music cycle at the Museu Meam.
The composer's son will be present, with whom the actress and music promoter, Maria Voronkova, will do a short interview before the concert. In addition, a short video of an interview with the composer will be screened.
The program includes some of the most emblematic pieces by Xavier Montalvatge, including the "Variations on La Spagnoletta by Giles Farnaby", for violin and piano composed in 1945, the "Sonatine pour Yvett" for piano, composed in 1960, in addition to the famous “Vocaliso” from the opera “Una voce in off” that will be sung by soprano Romina Krieger.
- "Variations on Giles Farnaby's La Spagnoletta" for violin and piano, 1945
- "Sonatine pour Yvett", for piano, 1960.
- "Punto de Habanera", for soprano and piano (from the Black Songs) 1945-46.
- "Duettino for 2 violins", 1995
- "Spanish Sketch", for violin and piano, 1943
- "Vocaliso" (from Una Voce in off) 1961-62
- "Poema Concertante", version for violin and piano, 1951
The museum, a safe place.
All our services comply with local legislation and sanitary recommendations regarding protection and safety. Specifically, this activity has the following measures:
- The museum reserves the right to cancel the reservation 10 minutes before the concert begins. For this reason, we recommend showing up at the ticket office 30 minutes in advance to guarantee a seat within the room.
- Access to the concert will be from 17:30 to 17:55. Once the concert has started, it will not be possible to enter.
- The exhibition can be visited both before and after the concert, taking into account that the museum closes at 20:00.
- Visits to the exhibitions last approximately 45 minutes.
- The use of a mask is optional.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided before, during and after the concert.
- Capacity control.
- The delivery of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- It will be enough to have the voucher or reservation on your mobile and not print it.