13 Aug 22¡Today!
Broadway Night | Tardes de Música Clàssica
Beyond its spectacular collection of contemporary figurative painting, the European Museum of Modern Art (MEAM) programs a large number of activities and initiatives. One of them is the cycle of classical music that is scheduled every Saturday afternoon.
On this occasion we will have the artists: Gisela Villamayor, voice. Jordi Romero, piano.
WORKS BY: Abba, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Leonard Bernstein...
• I could have danced all night, from the musical “My Fair Lady”, Frederick Loewe.
• I feel pretty, from the musical “West side Story”, Leonard Bernstein.
• Climb evr’y mountain, from the musical “The sound of music”, Richard Rodgers (Arr. Mark Hayes).
• I dreamed a dream, from the musical “Les Miserables”, Claude-Michel Schönberg.
• All I ask of you, from the musical “The phantom of the Opera”, Andrew Lloyd Webber.
• Memory, from the musical “Cats”, Andrew Lloyd Webber:
• Beauty and the beast, from the musical “Beauty and the Beast”, Alan Menken.
• Hoplessly devoted to you, from the musical “Grease”, Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey.
• I don't know how to love him, from the musical “Jesuschrist Superstar” Andrew Lloyd Webber.
• Singing in the rain, from the musical “Singing in the rain” Nacio Herb Brown (Arr. Mark Hayes).
• Don't Rain on My Parade and My man, from the musical “Funny girl”, Jule Styne.
• The winner takes it all, from the musical “Mamma mia”, ABBA.
Broadway Night is a recital of the classic tunes for the female voice, with arrangements for piano solo, taken from some of the most famous Broadway musicals, from the old classics to the modern ones, tied together by a common thread of love and heartbreak: The sound of music, West side story, Cats, Les Miserábles, Grease, Funny girl... and much more!
The museum, a safe place.
All our services comply with local legislation and sanitary recommendations regarding protection and safety. Specifically, this activity has the following measures:
- The museum reserves the right to cancel the reservation 10 minutes before the concert begins. For this reason, we recommend showing up at the ticket office 30 minutes in advance to guarantee a seat within the room.
- Access to the concert will be from 17:30 to 17:55. Once the concert has started, it will not be possible to enter.
- The exhibition can be visited both before and after the concert, taking into account that the museum closes at 20:00.
- Visits to the exhibitions last approximately 45 minutes.
- The use of a mask is optional.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided before, during and after the concert.
- Capacity control.
- The delivery of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- It will be enough to have the voucher or reservation on your mobile and not print it.